Wine La Baraja
92 J Suckling
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Tinta del país grape , Cabernet Sauvignon grape , Merlot grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Ribera del Duero
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15º vol
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 14º-16º C
- WINERIES: Vina Vilano
- TASTING NOTES: Cherry red with purple tones. Clean and shiny. On the nose it has a medium high intensity, it presents nuances typical of aging, toasted and spicy notes. Lots of red fruit added to floral memories of thickness and leafiness. In the mouth it is powerful and elegant. Long journey and notes of black and red fruit. It shows good acidity, pleasant tannins and a long and persistent finish.
- BARREL AGING: 18 months
- MARK / PRODUCER: La Baraja/Viña Vilano
- ORIGIN: Pedrosa de Duero-Burgos
- WEIGHT: 1.3Kg
You can now buy your La Baraja wine online at the best price.
Special characteristics of the wine:
Winemaking La Baraja
Bad lactic fermentation in French oak barrels.
What kind of wine is La Baraja
Aging 18 months in French oak barrels.
The Viña Vilano winery
The winery was founded in 1957 by the grandparents and parents of the current members, who contributed centuries-old vines in favor of an illusion. The winery's initial capacity was 300,000 kilos of grapes but today it supports 2.6 million. Immersed from its beginnings in a process of continuous improvement, it is currently an expanding project, with a great vocation for the future, but based on effort, work, and above all knowledge and passion for grapes, wine and Ribera del Duero.
Denomination of origin of La Baraja
Ribera del Duero, a denomination located in Castilla y León, along the Duero river. It occupies the provinces of Valladolid, Burgos, Segovia and Soria.
Variety of grapes used in La Baraja wine
Variety: Fine ink (75%), Cabernet sauvignon (15%) and Merlot (10%)
Vineyards from 20 to 100 years old.
La Baraja wine pairing
Take with red meat, game, and stews.
Occasions when this La Baraja wine is appropriate
At meals and celebrations.
Price / quality ratio of La Baraja
Good value for money
La Baraja alcohol content
It came with 15º vol. alcohol graduation.
Ideal consumption temperature of La Baraja
Its ideal temperature to drink it should be 14º-16º C
La Baraja wine awards and distinctions
91 POINTS, Robert Parker, Issue 238, Aug. 2018
92 POINTS, James Suckling, Aug. 201
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also