Wine Xímenez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
Sweet wine 0,75L
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Pedro Ximénez grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Sweet and generous
- Designation of Origin: Jerez
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15º vol.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 14º C
- WINERIES: Xímenez Spínola winery
- TASTING NOTES: COLOR: On the surface, once on top, ebony shows a high intensity (almost Zaino) with iodinated reflections, very bright. By slowly moving the glass, tear strength betrays the very old and graduation this PX AROMA: Notes coverage roasted coffee and black chocolate very typical of aging, giving it an elegant touch. TASTE: The palate is pure candy; raisins, dates, figs. All dried fruit oozing is incredibly well assembled with wood, leaving the long end amargosos exquisite flashes.
- MARK / PRODUCER: Xímenez Spínola
Now you can buy your Ximénez Spínola Pedro Ximénez wine online at the best price
Special features of the wine:
Elaboration Ximénez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
Of each ton of fresh grapes, only 300 kilos of grated grapes are obtained, which once in the wine press generate about 100 kg. of solid waste (skins, sticks and pips) and 200 liters of authentic raisin must. After that, an aging of not less than 15 years in American Oak barrels will begin. It is aged in the family Solera started with musts of 1918 and control of annual aging since 1919.
What kind of wine is Xímenez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
Due to its quality and shortage, it is considered a "cult wine". The winery annually takes less than half of the liters of quota assigned to it by the Regulatory Council. It is not obtained by following preconceived volumes, but by tasting all the barrels one by one and discriminating those that are selected in full from those that are partially. It is clarified by natural decanting in barrels and goes directly to the bottle, after a soft cellulose filter, which helps it not lose its natural aromas and flavors ...
The Ximénez Spinola winery
Located in the south of Spain, in one of the areas with the greatest wine tradition, specifically in Jerez.
The winery is one of the oldest, and its beginnings date from 1729. It has the privilege of being the only winery that from generation to generation have only been dedicated to the cultivation of the Pedro Ximénez grape. Currently it has the recognition of the authorities of "Pedro Ximénez Varietal Denomination of Own Accreditation".
Their family character that they continue to maintain, makes them to be producers of limited productions of a high quality.
Variety of grapes used in Xímenez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
The grape is 100% Pedro Ximénez, cultivated in limestone lands near the Guadalquivir river. In addition to the land, the area has one of the most amazing and warm climates in the world. Together with the humidity of the earth due to its proximity to such an important and abundant river, the development of the grape has the two basic elements to achieve a magnificent product: climate and humidity.
This grape has been implanted in Spain since 1519, and was brought by the German thirds of Charles I. Its origin is between the rivers Rhine and Moselle. It has great similarities with the grapes Riesling, Weissable "and" Elbling ", but that after its cultivation of so many years in Spain, it barely has common aspects.
Wine pairing Ximénez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
To take with ham, salads, foie gras and cheeses.
Occasions in which it is appropriate Ximénez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
As an appetizer and before meals.
Price / quality ratio Ximénez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
Degree of alcohol of Ximénez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
Optimum service temperature of Ximénez Spínola Pedro Ximénez
Recommended to consume at 14º
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also