Wines / Somontano / Red / El Grillo y la Luna
Stock: 92 units
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Syrah grape , Cabernet Sauvignon grape , Merlot grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Somontano
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14,5º vol.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16º-17º C
- WINERIES: El Grillo y la Luna
- TASTING NOTES: Grillo SP 2009 The Grillo SP is a deep, intense ruby red colour wine with red-violet rims. It has intense, varied aromas with outstanding notes of ripe plum, pepper and clove. In addition to these sensations, there are subtle notes of plaster elements from the calcareous soil which give it a very complex mineral touch. It has a dense and structured entry with rounded soft tannins. At mid-palate it is very long and oily with the mineral, black fruit, spices and toasted flavours from the barrel being particularly notable.
- BARREL AGING: 13 months
- MARK / PRODUCER: El Grillo y la Luna
You can now buy your Grillo wine online at the best price
Characteristics of the wine
Wine making Grillo
Grillo is a coupage made from Syrah, Cabernet sauvignon, Garnacha and Merlot. The percentages are different every year, as is the aging time: they are bottled according to the tasting and evolution of the wine in the barrel.
What type of wine is Grillo
With 13 months in French oak barrels, it is very fruity on the nose, with spicy (pepper) and toasted notes.
The winery El Grillo and La Luna
El Grillo y la Luna ’is a family project that was born in Barbastro in 2007, the result of an illusion: to create unique wines with soul.
Patience is the letter of introduction of this winery, the last to harvest of the entire Somontano Designation of Origin.
In ‘The Cricket and the Moon’, good things are expected. Under the premise that wine is born in the vineyard, it only goes on the market at its optimum moment, without haste, respecting the uniqueness of each vintage.
Denomination of Origin of Grillo wine
It belongs to the DO Somontano. In this denomination of origin their wines are known for their elegance and personality. Mono varietal elaborations predominate
The vineyard land of the Somontano Designation of Origin has three distinct areas: the mountains, the Somontano and the plains. Its total area is 200,000 hectares, of which about 100,000 are cultivated. Of the latter, 4,400 hectares are dedicated exclusively to the vineyard.
Somontano wines have grape varieties from more than 4,400 hectares of plantation. They are the base from which their good Somontano wines are born: Cabernet-Sauvignon, Merlot, Tempranillo, Syrah, Garnacha Tinta, Moristel, Parraleta, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Macabeo, Sauvignon Blanc, Garnacha Blanca, Riesling or Alcañón are some of them .
Somontano is characterized by having cold winters and hot summers with significant temperature changes at the end of spring and autumn. The average annual temperature is 11 degrees Celsius.
Somontano Denomination of Origin wines have very peculiar characteristics: very good graduation, fruity and with perfect acidity. In conclusion, they are wines very adapted to current tastes. Buying Somontano wine will give us exclusivity and confidence of having chosen our wine correctly.
Varieties of grapes used in Grillo wine
Grape varieties: Syrah-Cabernet Sauvignon-Garnacha-Merlot (44% -35% -14% -7%)
Manual harvest in boxes of 12 kilos
Yielding: 1.2 kilos of grapes per strain
Double manual selection of cluster and grain
Pairing wine Grillo
To take with Grilled Foie, Salmon slices with puff pastry and Duck confit.
Occasions to drink Grillo wine
Ideal to take in celebrations
Grillo Wine Quality / Price Ratio
Acceptable value for money.
Grillo wine alcohol grade
Graduation of 14.5º vol.
Ideal Grillo wine consumption temperature
It is recommended to serve 16º-17º Cº
Grillo wine awards and distinctions
• Best bottle design in the world at the International Wine & Spirit Competition - IWSC: Wine Atwork & Bottle Design.
• Gold medal and recognition “Best of show Somontano” in Mundus Vini.
• Great Gold Medal at the Brussels World Contest 2019.
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Selected rating, fill in the comment form to record it.
An error occurred while selecting the rating, please try again.
Leave your comment (The comments and evaluation go through a purchase verification control before being published)
Other customers also
Hacienda Lopez de Haro crianza
Fagus de Coto de Hayas
Campo de Borja
Senda de los Olivos crianza
Ribera del Duero