Wine Muga Aro
If you wish, we can notify you by e-mail when we receive
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Tempranillo grape , Graciano grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Rioja
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13,5º
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 14º-16º
- WINERIES: Muga winery
- TASTING NOTES: View: Very intense cherry red, closed bosom, practically opaque; shades of purple. Youthful appearance, very little evolved. Sensations of concentration and depth, with many nuances just mentioned that he will develop in the coming years. Nose: Fruity sensations dominate, with hints of red fruits and small ripe wild fruits (blackberry, currant, wild strawberries), floral notes (dried violet petals) and minerals (graphite, iron); Spicy notes of aging (evokes the spice rack: nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper) but with very discreet wood (they are the sensations of aging in the barrel but not the barrel), ink background. Mouth: Powerful, big. Powerful structure in the mouth, with body and high quality firm tannins, splendid acidity. It gives a feeling of solidity without cracks and without aggressive tips, solid, with a great balance that provides a sensation of freshness. Tasty and full, with wide and complex memories of fruit, minerals, spices and ink in the aromas of the mouth (it reproduces the sensations of the nose, but perhaps even more defined and clear) and in a long, wide and elegant aftertaste.
- BARREL AGING: 24 months
- MARK / PRODUCER: Muga
Buy your Muga Aro wine online at the best price
Characteristics of the wine
Muga Aro wine making
Fermentation always occurs naturally and spontaneously. The grape will always ferment in wooden tanks without temperature control with indigenous yeasts.
The maceration is variable, but can last up to two or three weeks.
What kind of wine is Muga Aro
The total stay of this wine in oak is 24 months of which 18 are in new French oak barrels and the rest in oak tanks.
After aging, a slight clarification with fresh egg white is carried out.
The Muga winery
Since 1932, proud to name a great wine.
At Muga, we always use the noblest materials and open our doors to new techniques that improve quality without losing authenticity.
To make each of our wines, we continue to rely on traditional procedures:
Through the natural process of clarification, we eliminate the suspended particles that appear in the wine.
We carry out the racking by the traditional method of gravity.
We are the only winery in Spain with a cubero master and three own coopers.
We make our barrels with the best oak, giving them the proper interior toasting to achieve unique character wines.
Denomination of Origin of Muga Aro
It belongs to the DO Rioja, a denomination that dates from the end of the 19th century, but which was not officially formed until 1925. The area that hosts this denomination of origin includes the autonomous communities of Rioja and the Basque Country.
The grapes produced in this denomination are: Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Mazuelo, Graciano and Maturana Tinta.
The wines of this denomination are characterized by being fresh, aromatic wines, with an excellent vessel and above all they are very balanced wines.
Rioja wines are easy to drink wines.
Grape varieties used in Muga Aro
Varieties: Tempranillo and Graciano
Soil, clay-calcareous and alluvial.
Muga Aro wine pairing
To take with white veal, Iberian meats and some type of stew.
Degree of alcohol of Muga Aro
It has an alcohol content of 13.5 º vol.
Serving temperature of Muga Aro
Consume at a temperature of 14º-16º C, to favor the oxygenation of the wine.
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Selected rating, fill in the comment form to record it.
An error occurred while selecting the rating, please try again.
Leave your comment (The comments and evaluation go through a purchase verification control before being published)
Other customers also