Wine Pago de los Capellanes El Picon
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Tinta del país grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Ribera del Duero
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14,5º
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16-17
- WINERIES: Pago de los Capellanes
- TASTING NOTES: Cherry cherry color, shows a wide intensity that allows us to predict the long life that augurs. The first balsamic aromas, blackberries and undergrowth characteristic of the Ribera, with spicy touches (traditional in the French oak) are detected like cinnamon, leather, tobacco, truffle, and black licorice. The entrance to the mouth is complex, with sweet tannins that envelop the palate and cover it with an exquisite roundness. Long and persistent, it is a wine that is opening to our senses as we chase it.
- BARREL AGING: 26 month
Now you can buy your Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón wine at the best price.
Payment of The Chaplains El Picón, a wine with a wide range of sensations.
Special features of the wine:
Elaboration of Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
Elaboration as estate wine since 1998, only exceptional vintages
In order to extract the maximum expression, it is fermented in a French oak vat with strict temperature control. To start the fermentation, a foot of Cuba is made with selected yeasts in the own plot.
At 40 days it is uncovered for bleeding.
The malolactic fermentation takes place at 22ºC for 32 days, without the addition of bacteria, in French oak barrels.
What kind of wine is Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
For 22 months it rests in French oak barrels with 60 months of drying, of selected grain, making four racking. It rounds its flavor for a minimum of 40 months in the bottle, without filtering or clarifying.
Persistent and long wine, it opens up to our senses as we taste it.
The Pago de Los Capellanes winery
Founded in the village of Pedrosa de Duero in 1996, this family winery is the first wine project of the Rodero Villa family and was recently chosen as one of the 100 best wineries in the world by Wine & Spirits magazine.
Denomination of origin of Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
Ribera del Duero, a denomination located in Castilla y León, along the Douro river. It occupies the provinces of Valladolid, Burgos, Segovia and Soria.
Variety of grapes used in Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
Wine made with 100% tempranillo grapes.
Vineyards: Pedrosa de Duero (Burgos). Selected plot of Finca El Picón: 1.6 hectares of clay loam soil with gravels on the surface.
Vintage selected in boxes of 15 Kg.
Wine pairing Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
To take with all kinds of meats, roasts and cheeses.
This wine must be decanted before consuming it, at least 1 hour before to appreciate all its characteristics.
Occasions in which it is appropriate Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
In celebrations of great importance, and as a gift
Price / price ratio of Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
Good value for money
Degree of alcohol of Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
It came with 14.5º of alcohol graduation.
Ideal consumption temperature of Pago de Los Capellanes El Picón
Its ideal temperature to take it must be 16º-17º
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also