Wine Ximenez Spinola Fermentacion Lenta
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Pedro Ximénez grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Sweet
- Designation of Origin: Jerez
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14º
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 7º-12º
- WINERIES: Xímenez Spínola
- TASTING NOTES: In visual phase, it is clean and of intense gold color with greenish irisaciones and glyceric notes when putting the glass in rotation. OLFACTORY: On the nose is marked by French oak which is attenuated with notes of raisins and dried plums. It lacks oxidation. There are no stridencies, but harmony of elements. The aromatic characteristics are markedly their own. In the mouth it surprises the non-existent alcoholic sensation in spite of its 14 degrees. It is broad and attacks all organoleptic perceivers since from the point of acidity, to the aftertaste of wood and ripe fruit, they are persistent and full of fullness
Now you can buy online Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta at the best price
Special features of the wine:
Elaboration of Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta
It is crushed in a soft pressing press, with yields per ton of fresh grapes lower than 600 liters of freshly pressed must. Immediately after the grinding is introduced with its skins in French oak barrels of 300 liters, adding every day 30 liters to each barrel - hence it is called Slow Fermentation -, so that the yeasts finish with all the sugars daily and leave the It came completely dry. This total fermentation is especially difficult in the Pedro Ximénez variety, due to its known ability to maintain residual sugars.
What kind of wine is Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta
The musts are grown on lees with soft battonage for six months in barrels, reaching a very complex structure. The overripe grape, with its concentration of aromas and flavors, turns out to be extraordinarily expressive and with manifestations different from those of any other wine, so the low yields per ton and the slowness of the process itself, make sense. The result is a storage wine where the qualities improve each year its evolution in the bottle, which can easily exceed 15 years, with high levels of quality.
The winery Ximénez Spínola
Located in the south of Spain, in one of the areas with the greatest wine tradition, specifically in Jerez.
The winery is one of the oldest, and its beginnings date from 1729. It has the privilege of being the only winery that from generation to generation have only been dedicated to the cultivation of the Pedro Ximénez grape. Currently it has the recognition of the authorities of "Pedro Ximénez Varietal Denomination of Own Accreditation".
Their family character that they continue to maintain, makes them to be producers of limited productions of a high quality.
Variety of grapes used in Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta
Variety: 100% Pedro Ximénez
The Pedro Ximénez grape is cultivated in limestone lands near the Guadalquivir river. In addition to the land, the area has one of the most amazing and warm climates in the world. Together with the humidity of the earth due to its proximity to such an important and abundant river, the development of the grape has the two basic elements to achieve a magnificent product: climate and humidity.
This grape has been implanted in Spain since 1519, and was brought by the German thirds of Charles I. Its origin is between the rivers Rhine and Moselle. It has great similarities with the grapes Riesling, Weissable "and" Elbling ", but that after its cultivation of so many years in Spain, it barely has common aspects.
Pairing of Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta
To taste with fish and white meats.
Occasions in which it is appropriate Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta
As an entrance before meals in special celebrations.
Price / quality ratio Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta
Good value for money
Graduation and optimal service temperature Ximénez Spínola Fermentacion Lenta
14th graduation Recommended to consume at temperature 7º-12º
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also