- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Garnacha grape , Syrah grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Calatayud
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14,5º vol
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16º-18º C
- WINERIES: Augusta Bilbilis
- TASTING NOTES: An attractive intense cherry red color with violet hues with a very clean and bright appearance. Intense and clean aromatic profile of ripe fruit such as blackberries, cherries and thyme, with a very varietal character. Fruit and floral nuances are assembled that add complexity and quality to the wine. On the palate it wraps the palate with that fruit and harmony of spices, with a smooth, broad and structured attack, round, rich in nuances and with a wide aftertaste.
- BARREL AGING: 3 months
Buy your Segeda wine online at the best price.
Special characteristics of the wine:
Elaboration of Segeda
Very meticulous elaboration, using autochthonous yeasts, resulting in highly structured wines, with a high fruit load, and showing the origin of their terroir.
What kind of wine is Segeda
Aging: 3 months in French and American oak barrels.
The Augusta Bilbilis winery
It is a family business dedicated to the elaboration,
aging, bottling and marketing of wines in an ecological way,
without using any chemicals.
Bodegas Augusta Bilbilis is located in the small town of Mara, in the Community of Calatayud, province of Zaragoza. With a production of about 30,000 kilos a year, it uses gravity to move the grapes and the wine. It also naturally controls the temperature, which fluctuates between 14 and 17 degrees all year round, as part of the winery is underground, with the consequent energy savings.
Denomination of Origin of Segeda wine
The D.O.P. Calatayud is located in the westernmost part of the province of Zaragoza, 87 kilometers from Zaragoza and only 1 hour from Madrid by AVE.
The D.O.P. Calatayud is within the Community of Calatayud Region belonging to the province of Zaragoza and bordering the provinces of Soria, Guadalajara and Teruel.
Varieties of grapes used in Segeda
Varieties: 50% Garnacha and 50% Syrah from own vineyards
Vineyards with not very fertile, poor and especially stony soils, predominantly clay and slate soils.
Segeda wine pairing
To take with: Red meat, game and stews
Occasions where Segeda is appropriate
In family meals and as a gift
Quality / price ratio Segeda
Good value for money
Segeda alcohol degree
Graduation of 14.5º vol.
Ideal consumption temperature of Segeda
It is recommended to drink at a temperature of 16º-18º C.
Segeda wine awards and distinctions
Gold Medal at the 2018 Garnachas del Mundo Contest
Silver Bacchus 2014
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also