Stock: 100 units
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Garnacha grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Calatayud
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15,5º vol.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 14º-16º C
- WINERIES: Breca
- TASTING NOTES: Cherry, garnet rim. Aroma ripe fruit, spicy, creamy oak, toasty, complex, chocolate, earthy. Powerful, flavourful, toasty mouth, ripe tannins. "Black mulberries, truffle, cherry liqueur and lavender emerge from this wine stunned. Frankly, I was speechless when I tried it. It is the most impressive wine I've tasted for this price in the last three decades. The wine world is changing and Jorge Ordonez a great vote of confidence deserves to produce something so distinct in this price. Consumers should fill their holds with this beauty. "Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, October 2012
- BARREL AGING: 14 months
- MARK / PRODUCER: Breca
- ORIGIN: Calatayud
- WEIGHT: 1.2Kg
You can now buy your Breca wine online at the best price.
Special characteristics of the wine:
Harvested by hand and stored in small boxes of 20 kgs. A primary fermentation takes place in open fermenters (tanks of 2.5-5 T). The wine is transferred to 500 and 600 liter French oak barrels for malolactic fermentation and aging. Breca is the result of a rigorous selection of the best fruits from our vineyards.
What kind of wine is Breca
Eighteen months sur lie with wild yeasts in French oak barrels (500 and 600 liters) with battonage.
The Breca winery
Bodegas Breca was founded by Jorge Ordóñez in 2010 with the aim of making the best Garnacha wines in Spain. The Garnacha de Aragón, the clone used to produce the wines of Bodegas Breca, is the oldest and genetically intact Garnacha clone in the world. This variety was cultivated for the first time in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula, and crossed the Mediterranean as did the Kingdom of Aragon, which had territories on the other side of this sea.
Varieties of grapes used in Breca
Varieties: Garnacha 100%
100% Garnacha de Aragón, the oldest Garnacha clone in the world. Garnacha was cultivated for the first time in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula and crossed the Mediterranean as did the Kingdom of Aragon.
Cambrian-Silurian slate and quartz soils, partially covered by a thin layer of Mesozoic calcareous soil.
Breca wine pairing
To take with red meats and roasts. It goes well with cured cheeses.
Occasions where is appropriate
In celebratory meals and as a gift
Price / quality ratio Breca
The price justifies its quality.
Degree of alcohol of Breca
Graduation of 15.5º vol.
Ideal consumption temperature of Breca
It is recommended to drink at a temperature of 14º-16º C.
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Selected rating, fill in the comment form to record it.
An error occurred while selecting the rating, please try again.
Leave your comment (The comments and evaluation go through a purchase verification control before being published)
Other customers also