Wine Cuatro Pasos Black
If you wish, we can notify you by e-mail when we receive
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Mencía grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Bierzo
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14º vol.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 14º-16º C
- WINERIES: Martín Codax
- TASTING NOTES: Grape Mencia get this new hillside vineyards and mountains of over 80 years in smallholdings and plowed the ground cover to eliminate them because no herbicides are used. The harvest is done manually in boxes of 20 kilos and all the grapes go through a selection table to discard the unfit. Once pressed grapes, pasta obtained is cooled to 10 ° C and maceration is done for 2 or 3 days to handle astringency. Subsequently starts alcoholic fermentation with the skins at 22 for 7 days and finally performs a post-fermentation maceration for 25 days. During this phase, our winemakers conduct daily tastings to check tannic wine for the outcome of the wine has a good balance. Finally, the wine is placed for 7-8 months in new French and American oak barrels of medium toast and makes a bottle aging. The result is a wine of intense cherry red color where the varietal aromas of ripe red fruit with hints of toasted conjugates breeding, spicy and smoky, with friendly tannins well integrated predominate.
- BARREL AGING: 8 months
- MARK / PRODUCER: Martín Codax
- ORIGIN: Spain
Is made in stainless steel vats in which it ferments for 7 days, letting it macerate for 25 days more with its skins. The wine is refined in new American oak barrels for 8 months.
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also