Buy wine for Cooking
Wines For Cooking
Contrary to what many think that for cooking is used a cheap wine, you can use it when you type of wine and at any price.
Many of the great chefs use high quality wine to prepare their dishes. The reason is that cheap wines are usually wines of low quality and taste, and logically we will not transmit exquisiteness to our dishes. When choosing a wine not cheap we are ensuring greater flavor.
Therefore, for cooking we can use any type of wine.
Which wines to use for cooking
We will use those wines that transmit more sensations and better aromas.
Thus dry red wines and white wines are the most recommended. Red wines transmit and bring color to the food, and white wines provide acidity.
Using Red Wines
• To cook sauces
• For red meats: which are cooked slowly, syrah grape wines are recommended.
• For meats that cook quickly, better use wines made with pinot noir
Use white wines
For strong foods: use aromatic whites made with Gewurztraminer, Riesling or Viognier grapes.
• Meals of fish: wines with Sauvignon blanc, fine and chamomiles.
• Seafood: fruity, young, albariño and cavas wines.
• White meats: dry white wines.
Port wines are used to cook stews and stews.
Jerez wines are ideal for improving the taste in soups, stews and sauteed dishes.
Wines for Cooking Types of Food.
• Arroces: rosés, light reds and cavas
• Anojo: aging red wine
• Beef: red wine of aging
• Main game meat: aging red wine and reserve
• Small game meat: young red wine and aging
• Pork: young red wine
• Lamb: young red wine, aging and cavas.
• Eggs: pink, white wines with body and cavas.
• Legumes: young red wine and cavas
• Seafood: dry white wines, fruity, albariños and cavas.
• Pasta: pink, white, light reds and cavas.
• Fish: young white wine, fine and cavas
• Desserts: sweet wines, cavas and oportos.
• Veal: red or young red wine
• Soups: white wine with body.
In general wines should be taken as a dressing plus, or as a species to be added with an important value. Remember that wine accompanies food to cook, not forget.