Wine La Cueva del Contador
93 AtkinStock: 18 units
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Tempranillo grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Rioja
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15º vol.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16º-18º C
- WINERIES: Contador
- TASTING NOTES: View: bright and intense, with a red-purple color. Nose: deep and voluminous. The red and black fruits in compote stand out with touches of spices, minerals and balsa? Micos, in addition to toasted notes. With the wood present, fine and to be integrated. Mouth: it is powerful and well balanced in terms of maturity and freshness. It has a very long and fresh finish. Elegant.
- BARREL AGING: 19 months
- MARK / PRODUCER: Contador
- ORIGIN: Spain
You can now buy your La Cueva del Contador wine online at the best price
Special characteristics of the wine:
Elaboration of La Cueva del Contador
Fermentation in oak wood vats
What kind of wine is La Cueva del Contador
Wine aged for 19 months in French oak barrels
The Contador winery
The key to the work at Bodega Contador is the meticulous attention to a host of details in all stages of the production process: from the care of the vineyard soil to the design of the labels.
Most of the vines are conducted in glass, the pruning method traditionally used in La Rioja. The vine growers of Bodega Contador leave a single bud per thumb, to limit production and enhance the quality of the grape.
Denomination of Origin of La Cueva del Contador
It belongs to the DO Rioja, a denomination that dates from the end of the 19th century, but which was not officially formed until 1925.
The area that hosts this appellation of origin includes the autonomous communities of Rioja and the Basque Country.
The grapes produced in this denomination are: Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Mazuelo, Graciano and Maturana Tinta.
The wines of this denomination are characterized by being fresh, aromatic wines, with an excellent vessel and above all they are very balanced wines.
Rioja wines are easy to drink wines.
Grape variety used in La Cueva del Contador
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Vineyard in glass, aged from 35 to 55 years
Calcareous clay soil with alluvial deposits and a continental climate with large temperature fluctuations, although the vineyards from which the grapes for this wine are extracted are protected from these sudden changes thanks to the proximity of a large pine forest.
Wine pairing La Cueva del Contador
To take with white meat, lamb, poultry
Occasions in which La Cueva del Contador is appropriate
In celebratory meals and meals with friends.
Quality / price ratio La Cueva del Contador
Good value for money.
Degree of alcohol of La Cueva del Contador
15th vol. graduation
Optimum serving temperature of La Cueva del Contador
Serving temperature: 16º-18º C.
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Leave your comment (The comments and evaluation go through a purchase verification control before being published)
Other customers also